Categories

Search

Saturday, June 30, 2012


Years ago I had a  friend surprise me by bringing me blueberry muffins for the 4th of July.  
The 4th of July is not your typical gift giving holiday, but I was thrilled and I have never forgotten this fun 4th of July treat.  This year I wanted to surprise some of my friends with this fun tradition.  I printed off the 
gift tag, made the muffins and delivered the treats.

Blueberry Muffins

1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
 2 1/2 cups blueberries
2 cups flour
1/2 cup milk
1 tbsp. sugar mixed with 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
  
In a bowl, beat butter until creamy.  Beat in the sugar until nice and fluffy.  Beat in the eggs, vanilla, baking powder, and salt.

Mash 1/2 cup of the blueberries and mix it into the batter.

Fold in half the flour, then half the milk.  Add remaining flour and milk.  Fold in the remaining blueberries.

Scoop batter into muffin tins.  Sprinkle the muffins with the sugar/cinnamon mixture.

Bake for 25 - 30 minutes in a 375 degree oven.

1 comments:

Yum! Blueberry Muffins...Thanks for sharing your receipe...Judith, Texas

REPLY

Parties and Patterns . 2019 Copyright. All rights reserved. Designed by NlinkSolution