Categories

Search

Monday, May 19, 2014


So for Mother's Day this year I got a pressure cooker, and I only have one thing to say: how did I ever cook without one?! It makes cooking ANYTHING so fast, so easy, and so delicious.  Pressure cookers can cook roasts in an hour, ribs, in 35 minutes, chicken in four minutes.  FOUR MINUTES! I'm sold.  And I'm going to try to sell you too...but only because I know you're going to love it :-)  These ribs were fall-off-the-bone-tender one hour after the time I cut through the plastic packaging.  Pretty impressive!
 Pressure Cooker Ribs

--one rack of ribs (I bought pork ribs...it was just over 3 pounds)
--seasonings (I used salt/pepper/onion powder/garlic powder/paprika...you could use whatever you want)
--one can of coke (you could use water, broth, one recipe I read called for beer)
--your favorite BBQ sauce (I like Sweet Baby Ray's)

Cut the ribs into serving sizes (I cut every two-three bones).

Season the ribs as desired (I mixed a couple dashes of all the seasonings above and rubbed them on).

Heat oil in bottom of pressure cooker.  Sear ribs on all sides.

Insert rack in bottom of cooker.  Place ribs on top. Pour Coke over ribs.  Seal top on pressure cooker and turn heat to high until the knob starts to shake.  Reduce heat to medium heat and continue to cook for 35 minutes.  Allow the cooker to release pressure naturally, then open and drain liquid.  Coat with your favorite sauce over low heat and serve!  The ribs fell right off of the bone--leaving absolutely nothing there!

Pressure Cooker Ribs

We have more great ideas!

2 comments

I have never used a pressure cooker for anything but canning - you used the same type cooker as you would for canning?

REPLY

Karin, from what I understand pressure canners and pressure cookers operate using the same mechanism--pressure canners are just much bigger to facilitate working with jars. I have never used a pressure canner but it should operate the same--for these recipes I use an 8 quart aluminum pressure cooker (this is the link: http://www.amazon.com/Presto-8-Quart-Aluminum-Pressure-Cooker/dp/B00006ISG4/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1401372319&sr=1-2&keywords=presto+8+qt+pressure+cooker) If you've never tried cooking food with a pressure cooker I highly recommend it! Mine came with a small recipe book and you can literally cook anything in it (from pot roast to cheesecake)...it's so fast and makes everything so tender!

REPLY

Parties and Patterns . 2019 Copyright. All rights reserved. Designed by NlinkSolution