Categories

Search

Thursday, March 22, 2012



Megan's Corner
There is a common misconception about people who own sewing machines. Just because I own a sewing machine, it does not mean that I sew. I mean, I "sew", but I don't sew. You get me? One misconception that made me laugh is a girlfriend that brought a sweater to me that had a hole in it. Ok, I own a sewing machine...maybe I sew a little bit, but I don't alter clothes and I DEFINITELY don't knit. Well, what does this have to do with this chair you ask? A little while ago, a girlfriend came to me and asked if I could help her recover the cushions on her old rocking chair. My mom did one for me when I had my baby last year that is just fabulous and since my mom can do it so can I right? I mean, I do own a sewing machine. :) I said yes mostly because I was curious to see if I COULD do it. I don't believe my friend realized that she was an experiment, but at least it turned out ok and she was thrilled with the results. And I have to say, so was I!
Before: 

After:
 



And just for fun we made a cute pillow with the leftover fabric!




Parties and Patterns . 2019 Copyright. All rights reserved. Designed by NlinkSolution