Categories

Search

Monday, January 23, 2012



From Megan's Kitchen

I apologize for the lighting in my kitchen. On a dark Alaskan day, it's just not going to get much better than this. Especially since I was in a hurry because all my guests had arrived and I was still baking and I wasn't about to tell them to keep their grubby little hands off the food till it could be photographed. Really....who do I think I am? Martha Stewart or something? Definitely not...just a humble house wife. But then again not entirely humble so I guess we are left with just a house wife.

Man that kind of sounds depressing, but to be quite honest it is completely fulfilling.

Spending my days following a very ambitious 9 month old...putting the toys back in their baskets, returning books to book shelves, and clothes back into their drawers, wiping the snot off my sleeve, the mashed banana off my face and sweeping up the cereal I just stepped on...it's just that great. Ok so I'm not making the job sound flattering, but I bet if you tried it you would LOVE it. I just love those little hands playing with my hair and the little arms hugging my legs while I'm cooking.

What does this have to do with blueberry german pancakes? Absolutely nothing, apparently I just felt like going on a tirade. But todays brunch was a meeting of housewives and together we enjoyed these little pancakes. So here's what you'll need:

Ingredients:


six eggs
 l cup flour
1 cup milk
dash of salt
1/2 cup blueberries
1 cube butter
Cut butter into chunks and put some in each of the 12 sections of a cupcake pan. You can also make this in a 13"x9" cake pan. Let the butter melt in the oven while you are preheating the oven to 425 degrees.  Watch carefully because it will burn.  Take out of the oven when melted.  
In a blender place the eggs, flour, milk and salt and blend until well mixed.
Pour the egg mixture in the  cupcake or cake pan with the butter. Sprinkle the blueberries on top.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. 

Parties and Patterns . 2019 Copyright. All rights reserved. Designed by NlinkSolution