Categories

Search

Tuesday, October 11, 2011


 


From Megan's Kitchen

I love homemade ice cream. But really, I have never heard anyone say "You know, I just really don't like homemade ice cream", so there you have it...it's just good. My husband and I have had an interesting living situation since we were married and most of our stuff was in storage for two years. When we finally settled down somewhere, it was like Christmas opening up all our old boxes. Among the loot I found an ice cream maker that we had gotten for our wedding 3 years prior that had NEVER been used. It had never even been taken out of it's box to be admired. And now I use it all the time. I repeat I LOVE homemade ice cream. Here is my husbands favorite.

Homemade Oreo Ice Cream 
Ingredients:
2 cups heavy cream (chilled)
1 cup milk (chilled)
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
13 Oreo's

Whisk together cream, milk, sugar and vanilla in a liquids measuring bowl. Pour into ice cream maker and let run for 20 minutes. In the meantime, chop up the oreos - I like pretty big chunks but chop to your hearts desire. Add the Oreo's in the last five minutes of freezing. I find that it's a bit more oreos that my machine has room for, so I add as many as I can and then I fold in the rest once I transfer the ice cream to a bowl. Transfer ice cream to airtight container and put in freezer for an additional 2 hours. Enjoy.

Parties and Patterns . 2019 Copyright. All rights reserved. Designed by NlinkSolution