Follow by Email and Get Our Latest Updates!!!

Search our Blog

Friday, January 20, 2012

Raspberry Scones



From Megan's Kitchen


So it turns out that you can use any delicious fruit to make THESE scones from our blog.  I made these for a brunch I hosted this morning and I used raspberry's since Costco fell through in the strawberry department and everybody loved them. (Recipe also found under the following categories:  breakfast, Valentine's Day and bread).

I still used half a cup of berries and I cut my raspberry's in half. But it turns out you don't have to because they completely crumble when you mix them in anyways. Some things that I find work best  - add the berries to the dry mixture BEFORE you add the cream. They don't mix in very easily if you do it after. Also, I always have my butter at room temperature and it works fine. You either pat this into a square and get 16 scones, but I usually pat it into a rectangle and cut 12. Bigger is better, right :). If you want to double the recipe, just make the recipe twice...it doesn't seem to work out very well when you double the ingredients. Enjoy!

No comments: