Categories

Search

Monday, August 4, 2014




Ana's Corner

German pancakes (my sister-in-law calls them dutch babies...and I'm sure they have many other names) are one of my very favorite breakfasts.  I'm a little relieved that I didn't learn how easy they were to make until recently because I'm pretty sure that I would have made them every day this year I knew that they took a only total of FOUR ingredients, two minutes in the blender, and fifteen minutes in the oven to create this absolute yumminess! If you've never had German pancakes, I'd say they're almost a combination between a crepe and a waffle (taste/consistency of a crepe, thickness/crunchiness of a waffle)



German Pancake Ingredients:
1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter
7 eggs
1 1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt

Easiest recipe ever.  Preheat oven to 425, put butter in pan and put pan in oven while preheating to melt butter. Blend together the eggs, flour, milk, and salt until blended (this only take a minute or two, but keep an eye on your butter to make sure it doesn't burn--the butter in the pan above got browned a teensy bit and that's what the brown specks are from).  Pour the batter into the melted butter pan.  Bake for 15-20 minutes! This recipe is simple, delicious, and it goes GREAT with our absolutely amazing Buttermilk Syrup.  Enjoy!

We have more fantastic recipes!


Parties and Patterns . 2019 Copyright. All rights reserved. Designed by NlinkSolution