Categories

Search

Monday, November 3, 2014



The Best White Chicken Chili Recipe

With Fall in the air, I could just about have soup every night for dinner.  I just can't get enough of it! I tried the best White Chicken Chili Recipe ever at a soup tasting night a couple weeks ago...it was so good that I've made it twice since then! And everyone who's tried it has asked for the recipe, so, here it is:

The Best White Chicken Chili Recipe
3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 stick butter
2 large onions, chopped
1/4 cup flour
1 can chicken stock
2 cups half and half
2 tsp. chili powder
1 1/2 tsp. cumin
2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2-3 (16 oz.) can white beans (I like a lot of beans)
1 1/2 cups cheese (I used a Fiesta blend, I think pepper jack would be really yummy too)
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream
Hot sauce, to taste (I used a little over a teaspoon of habanero sauce.  You could use tabasco sauce, Franks, whatever you've got...just start with a little)

Saute the onions in the butter until soft.  Stir in the flour until completely mixed in.  Slowly add the chicken broth and the half and half while stirring.  Stir in all of the spices (chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, and hot sauce). Stir in the chicken, beans (I rinse and drain mine to get rid of the starchy syrup), cheese, and milk.  Simmer until hot, then stir in the sour cream and heat through.

This soup is so yummy and so easy--it'll be a new family favorite for sure.

We have lots of fun meal ideas!
VISIT OUR


Parties and Patterns . 2019 Copyright. All rights reserved. Designed by NlinkSolution