Categories

Search

Friday, September 2, 2011



From Megan's kitchen



I have been raving about these cookies to friends and family for months...well, maybe not that long, but ever since my sister-in-law sent this recipe along to me. Even though these cookies came highly recommended by me, MY family failed to ever make them...so I was thrilled when I got to go visit and could bless them with this scrumptious treat. I thought they would be so delighted and overwhelmed by the amazingness of these cookies that they would feel indebted to me and want to serve me, but no such luck. Actually, I was quite disappointed when my cookies came out of the oven completely flat (instead of the perfect thick cookie I am able to achieve in Alaska) and the filling was super soft and not easy to work with. How embarrassing! Despite my disappointment, everyone reassured me that they enjoyed them and we served them at my sister's Bridal Shower. We took pictures, but I have yet to see how they turned out and I could not wait to get home and take pictures of what they are really supposed to look like. So enjoy!

Brownie Sandwich Cookies:

COOKIES:
1 cup butter (softened)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1-1/4 cup cocoa powder
1-3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda

Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, cream butter, brown sugar and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and then the eggs beating in one at a time. In a separate bowl, combine salt, cocoa, flour, baking powder,  and baking soda. Gradually add this to the cream mixture. 

Spoon dough onto baking sheet and flatten slightly with your palm. 
Bake 8-10 minutes or until the cookies are puffy and the tops are cracked but still soft. Allow cookies to cool completely.

Ok, now it's time for the best part of the cookie...the filling!

The Filling:
1 cup butter (softened)
2 tbsp brown sugar
2-1/2 cups flour
1 container (13 oz) of marshmallow creme
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp salt

In a VERY deep bowl (trust me! this part can get messy...) beat the butter till nice and fluffy. Beat in brown sugar and then gradually add the flour till all of it is incorporated. Your mix will be very crumbly. Add the remainder of the ingredients. When you add the marshmallow creme, mix it in a little with a spoon a tiny but before using your mixer or that nice sticky substance will climb and spread mess all over everything. :)
Once mixed it will be a very thick filling that you can mold slightly with your hands.

To Assemble:
Before filling ANY of the cookies, make sure they are all cooked and cooled. You will want to fill them all at the same time. Match your pairs up flip over one half of them.
 Divide the filling evenly between all the pairs. The reason you do them all at the same time is because you will VASTLY underestimate the amount of filling each cookie gets. And, once you sandwich these cookies, there is no getting them apart again!


    Parties and Patterns . 2019 Copyright. All rights reserved. Designed by NlinkSolution