Categories

Search

Wednesday, September 28, 2011


From Megan's Kitchen

I've never really loved to cook. I LOVE to bake, but cooking just doesn't appeal to me in the same way.  Maybe it's because when I cook, I fret about trying to be healthy and make things that taste good, but aren't going to blow my diet. Whereas, with baking, all bets are off. One doesn't bake with the intention of watching their calories...baking means we're going to splurge and we're going to make it worth it. And the outcome of baking simply appeals to my palette a whole lot more :). Imagine that. So, with that being said, my dinners aren't elaborate. I don't do a whole lot of side dishes or multi course cuisines because there is just two of us under this roof eating real people food. My dinners are simple yet delicious (I may be a bit biased) and aren't going to take you all day to make. So enjoy.

Grilled Bruschetta Chicken:
Ingredients
4 chicken breasts (I accidentally thawed chicken tenders so either will work)
1/4 cup KRAFT sun-dried tomato dressing, divided
1 tomato, finely chopped
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or 1 tsp. dried basil leaves

Place large sheet of heavy duty foil over half of your grill and heat grill to medium heat. Meanwhile, place chicken in ziplock bag and marinate with half of dressing. Refrigerate for 10 minutes (or all day). Grill chicken uncovered for 6 minutes.
*so it may have been raining so going outside to use the grill was not happening. Instead I used my grill pan and it worked out great. It may be a little harder if you have a lot of chicken to grill though!
 

Meanwhile, combine remaining dressing, tomatoes, cheese and basil.


 Turn chicken over and place cooked side up on foil. Top with tomato mixture and close the lid. Grill for 8 minutes.


 Serve.

Parties and Patterns . 2019 Copyright. All rights reserved. Designed by NlinkSolution