What you will need:
One small box (or 12 oz.) box rice krispie cereal
Two bags (10.5 oz.) marshmallows
3/4 cup butter
Candy Melt or white chocolate
Putting The Eggs Together:
1. Over low heat melt the butter and marshmallows in a large heavy pan. Remove from heat and add the rice krispies stirring until evenly coated. Immediately form into egg shapes.
2. Cut egg carton into individual egg cups.
3. Fill microwave safe mugs (one per color) 3/4's full with candy melt and 2 tbsp. shortening. Heat in microwave on low seating for one minute. Stir. Heat an extra 30 seconds if not all the way melted. Add food coloring until you get the color desired.
4. Dip top half of each egg in colored candy melt. Let cool and harden for a few minutes.
5. In the meantime scoop remaining candy melt in squeeze bottles. (Squeeze bottles can be purchased in cake decorating section of local store). Do not let the candy melt harden in the bottles. To keep candy melt at a decorating consistency keep squeeze bottles in a pan of hot water or microwave for 20 seconds. (Be careful, the squeeze bottles will melt.)
6. Have fun decorating your eggs with remaining candy melt, coconut and sprinkles. Kids love to decorate these eggs. Before you let the kids help have the eggs made and dipped.