Categories

Search

Tuesday, February 7, 2012


       
From Megan's Kitchen

What better dessert can you think of to go with our fiesta theme than "fried" ice cream maracas? So delicious and such an easy dessert. I've decided I love this dessert because you can make a bunch of them and just keep them in your freezer to be devoured at any time, or if you need a last minute dessert! I just decorated them with chocolate and strawberry sauce, but sprinkles would also make them really fun. I think I am going to try them again and drizzle melted chocolate over them instead of chocolate syrup and see how that is. So, if you are going to make these amazing treats, this is what you will need:

Ingredients:
Vanilla Ice Cream 
5 cups corn flakes
2 tbsp. butter
4 tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
Pretzel Rods
Chocolate and Strawberry Sauce
Sprinkles

Let the ice cream sit out on the counter while you do the cornflakes so that it softens a little bit. Turn your oven to 350 degrees. Put cornflakes in a ziplock bag and crush them up. Then add melted butter to the bag and shake it up. Mix the sugar and cinnamon and then add that to the bag and shake it up. Spread mixture out on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 5 minutes. I was nervous about mine burning so I pulled it out too soon and the cornflakes turned out a little chewy. I loved it but I will bake it for the full time next time. Just watch so that they don't burn. Transfer the cornflakes to a glass baking dish and let cool. Take a big scoop of ice cream and drop it in the middle of the cornflakes. Roll it around making sure it is fully covered. When I was rolling my ice cream I wish I had crushed my cornflakes a lot more. The smaller your crumbs, the better coverage you will get. Put ice cream balls on a plate or in another glass baking dish and return to freezer.


Once they have hardened completely, cut pretzel rods in half and stick them in the sides of your ice cream balls. Put on or in a dish and sprinkle with chocolate and strawberry sauce. Or let kids decorate their own maracas with sauces and sprinkles!




Parties and Patterns . 2019 Copyright. All rights reserved. Designed by NlinkSolution